Sunday, December 16, 2012

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
There are  many times as individuals that we hold on to a love that is not there anymore. We put on fake smiles, and still go through the motions. We look at our significant others through saddened eyes. We hold on when in reality we should just let go.
 
 
I Let My Love Go


 
 
I don’t think I love you

At least not how I used to

I call you, but not because I want to

I see you, but not because I need to

Your voice turns my stomach inside out

I kiss you but not because I love your mouth

At least not anymore

I don’t even like walking through your door

Your eyes don’t undress me like they did before
It’s hard for me to even say I’ll always be yours

I give you 100%

And you give me what you feel like that day

I tell you everything I know

But you don’t listen to what I say

I show you how much I love you

And you don’t even show me you care

I come to see you when I can

But you don’t really want me there

I used to love you beyond the fullest extent


I know you’re probably wondering where that love went

Well worry no more; I’m going to let you know

The minute you stopped loving me

I let my love go


Nakesha Brown-Graves

No comments:

Post a Comment