Monday, January 21, 2013

Deception



Sometimes people underestimate us because we are quiet and stay to ourselves. They expect us to be loud, aggressive, and boastful to ensure that we have what it takes. When the truth is you don't have to overcompensate to show them  who you are. When it comes down to it actions speak louder than words.


Deception


  

My tears are not weak

They make way for my strength

My thoughts are not bound

I say exactly what I meant

My voice may sound soft

It just eases the truth

My mind is not young

I just savor my youth

I may resist confrontation

I don’t like to waste my power

Sometimes I take your crap

So you call me a coward

I sit in the back

Because hate is in the front

I don’t take what you give

Because it’s not what I want

I reach for the peak

I can’t resist a challenge

You think I am worthless

You can’t handle my talent

 

No comments:

Post a Comment