Sunday, January 6, 2013

This Smile Was Never Yours



As individuals we allow the hearts to slip away from the one's we love, not realizing that someone else has already been preparing to catch it once it falls. Sometimes in relationships we get complacent. We don't take the extra effort for the smile that used to mean everything to us.





This Smile was Never Yours



 

Yeah I’m grinning from cheek to cheek

But it’s not because of what you said today

But because of what he’s been saying all week

He’s been feeding my mind and loving my soul

He’s been digging my ditches and filling my holes

He’s been touching my heart and rubbing my toes

But I guess that’s something you don’t know

Or even heard of

With your inconsistent half-stepping love

He’s been giving me 100% and he’s not even here

You should be more than nervous

I mean you should be scared

Because he’s taking my love piece by piece

It’ll be only a matter of time before I will be released

From the grip that has been loosened from around my heart

It’s kind of hard to love someone when you’re both in the dark

You will never change, this I have finally realized

So I will take full blame because it took me so long to open my eyes

Your magic stick just doesn’t glow like it used to

I hate to say it but sex is not even part of the issue

Truth of the matter is I was never your queen

I was just some girl that lost her way into your daydream

And now I finally see the light that will guide me back to reality

And he’s not helping your favor because he’s saying all the things you never said

And he’s pleasing me when we’re not even in bed

And I know this right here is messing with your head

But I’m not gonna settle when I can love him instead

And I know I’ve been cheesing while walking through your door

But pretty soon you’re gonna find out that this smile was Never yours

No comments:

Post a Comment