Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Am A Woman


No one word can describe a Woman.




I Am A Woman

 

I am the result of an extraction

Subtracted from him to create me

I am a woman

Built to perfection with every single curve

I am worth every look, every glance

Trying to figure out how I got into these jeans

Well I am a woman

Child bearing hips will not stop me

From displaying my true beauty

I consist of noticeable scars

Stretch marks like sunrays

Unwanted monthly pain

A reminder that wrong choices were made prior to me

I am a woman

Sensitive, emotional, strong

I rise to the challenge

Molded customly, baked to satisfaction

Unique

Sometimes I don’t know if I want to be straight or curly

I define my hair

I am not always prepared

I let down my guard sometimes

Naïve in my heart sometimes

Don’t want to believe what I see so I act blind sometimes

But that’s all part of being a woman

I make mistakes

Able to embrace for impacts I’m not sure I can handle

But I don’t back down

I stand my ground

Feet planted, chest proud

But whatever comes my way better watch out

Because when God created me

He created a fighter, a soldier, a warrior

Not easily defeated

Combat in my eyes

Struggle under my feet

A gladiator at heart

And every day it beats I becomes stronger

But, I don’t always understand me

Capable of withstanding dangers unseen

Devils in disguise

But yet I continue to maintain me

Far from weak, but I still cry

I have a hard time opening jars

And I can’t tell you every part of a car

And sometimes my life just seems so hard

But I am a woman

Reinforced backbone

Every vertebra able to endure the constant pressure

Attacks, stress, strains, weight

And in exchange I am able to claim the most esteemed titles

Mother, sister, wife, daughter

Never falling short of my expectations

Though I may stumble at times

I keep my balance

I strive forward

I push harder

I give every part of me

Even to those who don’t even deserve it

I am a woman

A provider, a lover, a leader

I sacrifice, I compromise, I improvise

And I serve

Not always given everything that I deserve

But I am still a woman

 

 

 

 

Nakesha Graves

 

No comments:

Post a Comment