Monday, April 7, 2014

Side Effects


Side Effects

 

I think I overdosed on what I thought you would be

You provided a remedy to all of my symptoms

Laughter to combat my frowns

Love to ease my heartache

And a touch that would cure any wound

I was sure you were the perfect medication

You put forth so much dedication

That I didn’t even contemplate the side effects

Or what would come after I became resistant to your love

No more refills needed

No more taking you by mouth

I wasn’t expecting to be dizzy just at the thought of you

Nauseous from the smell of you

And anxious whenever I heard your name

Why do you now cause me headaches, insomnia and weight gain

You were supposed to help me regain my view on life

Instead I focus on combatting the way you make me feel

Stripped away all of my previous symptoms

Just to allocate to me the ones from your pill

But I swallowed you for way too long

Ignored the pain to prove the strong in me

The thought to leave you behind

Couldn’t have come any sooner

The truth hurts

I no longer require your so called super powers

No need to shower myself with your relief

Especially when your side effects

Tend to get the best of me

No comments:

Post a Comment