Friday, April 4, 2014

This Thing

April is National Poetry Month. The Challenge is 30 poems in 30 days.
This is 4/30 Keep reading and help me reach my goal


This Thing

 

I don’t want to give up on this thing called love

Isn’t that the easy way out

Just another way of saying you’re too lazy to try

Too caught up in your feelings to realize

A good thing shouldn’t be taken for granted

A tainted decision to walk away

Before noticing that the pros outweigh the cons

The wounds will heal with time

The dull can regain its shine

If you dust it off and add some polish

And if I were to be honest

Being in love to me

Is equal to a raging war on a battle field

Your emotions become a loose cannon

Shooting jealous stares

Detonating bombs of insecurity

Slicing and stabbing the slightest sign of neglect

Were we not built to withstand

To endure the pressures of being in love

To walk this path that so many fail

I say we keep trying

Because I don’t want to give up

Do you

1 comment: