Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rollercoaster


Rollercoaster

 

I finally bought my ticket

Ready to stand in this never ending line

So I can sit beside you for this two minute ride

That equates to a lifetime of ups and downs

Turns and twists

Screams and laughs

Topped off with a little bit of nausea

You can’t predict which turn will have me holding onto you for dear life

Before I decide to throw both hands in the sky

Just to get a taste of the thrill

Only to return it back to the place it truly belongs

You have to be able to face the twists that come along with the straights

Be willing to pull the kinks out of my knots

Because once we get on this ride

There is no turning back

We just have to fasten our seatbelts

And hope that our hearts are secure enough to hold them in place

I know there will be plenty of times

That we just want to unbuckle and jump ship

As if we already had a parachute as a backup plan

Resisting posting our failures on Instagram

We will suit back up

Fight and make up will be our new motto

Because it’s not worth throwing away all of our good clothes over one stain

When there are so many combinations

That can remove impurities, strengthen insecurities

And rejuvenate color

When I bought this ticket

I knew I wanted to get my money’s worth

Experience the joy and the hurt

Because if all of my emotions weren’t touched

It wouldn’t be enough to sustain me

You see I don’t believe in perfect

There never seems to be a straight path

But I am willing to take what we have

Stand in this line

And ride this rollercoaster ride

We call life

Beside of you

I will squeeze your hand and let it go

Laugh until I cry

Be disappointed in you and disappointed in me

I will love you every day even when it hurts

I will be excited with our ups

And stubborn in our downs

We will fly and crash

Go through so many turns that we’ll lose our way

But I can guarantee you

We will end up right back where we started

Buying that ticket

Standing in line

And riding that two minute ride

That equates to a lifetime

Of what we call us

No comments:

Post a Comment